Points: 50 for bingo!
15 to 30 minutes per item
What you need...
Be careful with any tasks involving sharp objects or heat! Make sure anyone eating your creations does not have food allergies relevant to your dish.
5 in a Row is Bingo!
Spring and early Summer bring strawberries, so let’s make the most of them! Here are some ideas of ways to play with strawberries, including plenty of spots for you to use your strawberry imagination and do things we haven’t thought of! Recipe suggestions are included at the bottom, but feel free to try something new. Be sure to take a picture of each item and log them to get your points!
Seasonal Eating is a fun way to learn with your kids about local food: where it comes from, how it grows, and when it is best harvested. Strawberries are especially fun as they are so versatile, and can be used in both sweet and savory dishes, as well as just enjoyed by the handful.
With your kids, pick the items you most want to try. They can win points for any they choose, though trying to get five in a row adds extra challenge.
Enhance the experience by…
- Mixing up savory and sweet experiments.
- Looking up recipes together and choosing your favorites.
- Taking the opportunity to practice a new skill, such as canning strawberry jam.
- Mixing up types of quests, so some are experiments and some are crafts.
- Tasting recipes at intervals to practice “tasting as you go.”
- Allowing kids to take photos of their completed strawberry creations.