This recipe is courtesy of Chef Laura Rodriguez, a personal chef and cooking instructor in Nashville TN. Read our Kid Interview of Chef Laura here!
- ½ cup organic ketchup
- ½ tablespoon horseradish
- ¾ t lemon juice
- Pinch of white pepper
- 12 jumbo, tail-on, wild-caught shrimp, thawed, peeled, and deveined
- Organic extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon finely minced parsley for garnish
- 1 lemon, sliced into half-moons for garnish
Preheat oven to 375°F and line a large baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper. Mix all ingredients for cocktail sauce in a small bowl and season to taste with a pinch of white pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning then set aside.
Place shrimp in a medium mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the bowl then mix well to coat.
Skewer shrimp and arrange evenly on the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for about 10-12 minutes until bright pink and cooked all the way through. Garnish with parsley and serve with cocktail sauce and lemon slices.
*Be sure to ask your guests about any shellfish allergies before serving!